Qualifications - Education
European Trademark and Design Attorney
Luxembourg IP Attorney (Conseil en Propriété Industrielle)
Ass. Jur., University of Trier, Germany.
- Trademark and design applications
- Domain name applications
- Contracting in the fields of trademark and designs
- IP Litigation
After obtaining a University degree in law at the University of Trier, Germany, including a supplemental degree in Portuguese and Italian civil and administrative law, Marie joined the firm in June 2003 and worked in the trademark and design department. Between 2004 and 2006, she completed a two-year practical legal training at the regional court of Bitburg, Germany, at the Academy of European Law in Trier and with different lawyers in Trier and in Porto, Portugal and obtained her second state exam in 2006, enabling her to practice as a lawyer in Germany. Marie then re-joined the firm’s trademark and design department.
In 2009 Marie-Christine completed an additional degree for German lawyers in the field of Intellectual Property Law (Fachanwaltslehrgang Gewerblicher Rechtschutz), including a specialisation in competition law, patent and trademark and design law. Marie-Christine is admitted to practice before the Benelux Trademark and Registered Design Office (OBPI), the European Union Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO) and the WIPO.
Since 2013, Marie-Christine is also registered as Luxembourg IP attorney.
- Trademark issues (availability search, preparation, filing and prosecution of application at the EUIPO in Benelux, Germany, France and in other countries, drafting of cease and desist letters, legal assistance during trials, oppositions at the EUIPO, in Benelux, Germany, France, monitoring of registration.)
- Design issues (preparation, filing and prosecution of application at the EUIPO, in Benelux, Germany, France and in other countries, drafting of cease and desist letters, legal assistance during trials, cancellation proceedings at the EUIPO and in other countries.)
- Negotiation and drafting of contracts in relation to Intellectual Property
- Issues concerning domain names (reservation, drafting of cease and desist letters, litigation)
European Union Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO)
GRUR (German association for Intellectual Property and Copyright law)