Qualifications - Education
European Trademark and Design Attorney
University degree in Germanic Philology
(UCL, Louvain, Belgium)
- Domain names
After obtaining a University degree in Germanic philology Languages at the Catholic University of Louvain, Belgium, including a supplemental competitive examination for posts on the teaching staff of secondary high schools, Michèle worked as a teacher of German and English languages during six years until she joined the firm in January 1987.
She has worked in all the departments of our firm, including the patent and annuities department. In1994, Michèle started in the trademark and design department where she was the paraleagl in charge of the filing and prosecution of trademarks and designs.
In 2011, after an in-depth study of the legal framework, Michèle was admitted to practice before the Benelux Trademark and Registered Design Office (OBPI), the European Union Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO) and the WIPO.
- Availability searches;
- Filing and prosecution of trademark applications in Benelux, before the EUIPO and the WIPO, and in foreign countries;
- Filing and management of designs up to registration;
- Renewal of trademarks and designs,
- Recording changes, license agreements and assignments;
- Cease and desist letters;
Training of clients and newcoming colleagues.