Qualifications - Education
European Trademark & Design Attorney
Luxembourg IP Attorney (Conseil en Propriété Industrielle)
French Trademark Attorney (Conseil en Propriété Industrielle, mention Marques)
Master in intellectual property and agreement matters (DESS accords et propriété industrielle),
Master in business law, CEIPI, Strasbourg, France
Certificate in business tax law
- Trademarks & Designs
- Domain Names
- IP Audits
- IP-related agreements
After obtaining a degree in commercial law with a major in tax law and in 1998, a Masters degree in IP law at the CEIPI in Strasbourg, France, Olivier has worked for several years as in-house IP lawyer in major companies of the luxury goods, software and heavy industry sectors in Paris.
He joined the Firm in 2002 and specialises in trademarks, domain names and design registrations as well as in trademark clearance searches. He also handles consulting, litigation and contracting with regard to all Intellectual Property rights.
Olivier practices before the Luxembourg and Belgian Patent Offices (OPRI), the Benelux, French, United Kingdom, Irish, German and Austrian Offices, as well as the European Union Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO) and the WIPO.
Olivier is regularly appointed as expert in Intellectual Property cases before the Luxembourg Courts by the Public Prosecutor offices.
Olivier was nominated in 2015 and 2016 amongst the world’s leading trade mark attorneys by Who's Who Legal.
- IP-Counsel for a broad spectrum of clients, including public and European institutions, heavy industry, retail stores, clothing and fashion industry, food and health industry, and service providers
- Trademark issues (availability search, preparation, filing and prosecution of application in France and in other countries, drafting of cease and desist letters, legal assistance during trials, oppositions in Benelux, France and at the EUIPO, monitoring of registration procedures in Benelux, France, CTM and in other countries.
- Negotiation and drafting of contracts in relation to Intellectual Property
- Unfair competition law
- Domain names (reservation, drafting of cease and desist letters, litigation)
- Copyright, designs.
- IP audits of trademark portfolios
- Trademark valuation (for transfer of assets, assignments, accounting purposes)
Member of several professional associations, including AIPPI, ECTA, MARQUES, LES-Benelux, FCPIL, BMM, APRAM and ITMA.